Monday, February 10, 2014

Go From Pinner to Doer Today!

I am an avid Pinterest user. Hardly a day goes by that I don't pin something. I use it to remember just about everything that inspires me - great tips, recipes, things I find beautiful, things I'd like to do in my home, items that I think our clients would like, etc.

Most of my friends are Pinterest users too. Some of them are even pinning machines like me. I've found, though, that much of the Pinterest Nation seems to be comprised of pinners rather than doers. I see lots of people's inspirational pins, but never their finished projects. So today I'd like to buck that trend by sharing one of my own Pinterest-inspired projects.

If you've spent any time on Pinterest in the past few months, you've probably seen this vignette or something very similar.

Source: Decorating Ideas Made Easy
It's simple, yet super tasteful. It adds a compact punch to a very monochromatic kitchen. It also neatly corrals accessories; keeping them from being scattered about the perimeter of the kitchen, consuming visual space.

Last week we had a client who needed us to do key-area staging in a vacant home. The kitchen was fairly monochromatic and petite. It needed compact punches of color to grab buyers' attention. It was also imperative that we contain accessories in just a few groups to create spaciousness in the galley kitchen. That vignette inspiration photo I'd pinned just a few weeks earlier was the perfect solution.

We gathered supplies -- a tray, fruit under glass, green plant, and a decorative item. Here's how ours turned out:

Source: Bradford House Consulting
Of course our items aren't exactly like the inspiration photo, but the overall aesthetic is the same. Our vignette offers a very compact punch of color and beauty without overpowering the small space.

If you're starting to feel as though you're hopelessly lost in the land of pinners instead of doers, start with something easy like an accessories vignette. It literally took just five minutes to gather  accessories and arrange them on a tray, but the sense of accomplishment gained from completing the project is immeasurable. That sense of accomplishment will also carry you onto the next bigger project on your inspiration list.

So now's the time, y'all. Go find yourself an inspiration photo and make it a reality in your home today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Bradford House Consulting's blog. We appreciate your thoughts and comments.