Monday, May 21, 2012

In The Bag

Have you seen these signs from Ballard Designs?



How about these pillows, also from Ballard? Don't ya just love 'em?



The simple, but classically embellished everyday items served as inspiration for us this weekend. You see, last year my daughter wanted to learn to sew, so we stared with a small laundry bag project for a friend who was heading off to college. It was a total hit. It turned out so well, in fact, that she was asked to make four more laundry bags for friends and family in the weeks that followed.

So when graduation season rolled around this year, my sister-from-another-mother called wanting my daughter to make a bag for her college-bound son. This was a little more difficult because finding a heavy-duty masculine fabric that is not covered in some sort of camouflage or mallard motif is a challenge. We ended up choosing a natural colored canvas -- a little lighter than those fabulous linen pillows.



Once the bag was complete, I was given the honor of embellishing it. I had some glittery die-cut letters which I used as stencils.



With a regular ol' Sharpie marker, I carefully traced around each letter and then filled them in. 


We decided on a "laundry" logo since the bag was for a guy, but a pretty monogram
or really anything your heart desires can be used for this project.



Here is how it turned out. What do you think?  


 
 
 
Check out this and other great D-I-Y projects and decor on these link parties:


My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

 


Tip Junkie handmade projects   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Bradford House Consulting's blog. We appreciate your thoughts and comments.